Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maple Breakfast Cake

Ok.. one of my favorite things in the world is anything maple! I have lots of recipes using maple. This just happens to be one of my favorite ones.. I should point out any maple recipes I post use real maple syrup. I know its a bit pricey but believe me the expense is worth the taste!!!


Maple Breakfast Cake

1 1/2 cup sifted pastry flour
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg*See Note
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1 egg, beaten
4 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon* See Note
1 1/2 teaspoon melted butter

Sift together first six ingredients. Combine remaining items, and add to dry ingredients. Turn into a greased 9" pan and sprinkle top with cinnamon and maple syrup. Bake for 35 minutes at 400 degrees F.



Note* I use pumpkin/apple pie spice in this. just just a 1/2 tsp of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment